Since I’ve become red and refund my love for seasonal colour theory, I’m obsessed with all sorts of warm colours from camel through rust to mustard yellow, I love them all. I also happen to be in luck, as with all the retro, sporty vibes yellow is back in big, BIG! time.
It probably started with interior design though, and while in the beginning it was hard to imagine this bold colour to wear, I’ve been enjoying to have its happy vibrant warmth in our home for years.
I now realised that there is a numerous reasons to wear it too. For one, I don’t mind it with my red hair, but it’s equally good with blondes and brunettes too. Secondly, it goes great with all my other earthly obsession, like blue (or black) denim and other warm colours. And thirdly, it adds a nice pop of colour, which is very much needed here in gloomy grey old London.
And finally, it’s easy to find your own personal kind of variety. I love mustard the most, but being spring (or whatever), all the pastel (aka gelato) colours are on trend right now, and a pale yellow is so much better than no yellow at all, right?
Pro and simple tips:
- If you’re not sure, try some yellow accessories (like a scarf or earrings), which relatively cheap but do the job just as well.
- Wear with either blue or black denim. Groundbreaking, right?
- Or wear with other warm tones, like camel or tan, these are gorgeous together.
- Or for extra jazz, pair it with something leopard.
- Get a midi yellow dress and wear it all spring/summer with leather jackets, jumpers and ankle boots while cold, but then sandals and basket bags when it gets hot.
- Find your perfect yellow (and basically any kind of) shade by studying colour theory and trying them in stores. Or wear it further away from your face. 🙂
Do you love yellow too?