With all things retro corduroy came back to trend, and what a great news if you think about it, as it’s feels warm hence perfect for autumn/winter and it’s actually warm which makes it even better for these seasons.
Extra bonus for making every colours nicer, even pink, which I’m not a huge fan of, but it looks amazing on others nonetheless. Admittedly, my favourites are still the brownish, mustardy, coppery hues though, cos 1, they feel extra retro and 2, cos they suit me big time. Love when a trend does me favour, don’t you?
Tips and tricks:
- If you have a warm complexion like me, opt for the earthy colours near to your face, and if you have a cool one pick up dustier or jewel colours.
- On the other hand, if you wear it on your bottom half, you can grab anything your heart desires. Well, you can do that anytime actually, luckily for us there are no rules how to dress up until you feel yourself good in it. 🙂
- Wear it with checks, or an extra amount of cords to be extra trendy, or with denim or leather to make it more casual.
- If you ask me, the oversized the corduroy the better, so double breasted blazers, wide leg (but fitted high rise) trousers and manly shearling jackets are for the win!
- You can pick up great deals on the high street, Mango, H&M and Urban Outfitters carry a lot of nice pieces and I may or may not have pick up something already.
Have a great Friday, guys!