Since the world started going mad – especially political-wise – and the good old 80s are back, nice girly pink has faded to basically nothing, giving the lime light to the much more empowering, vivid, almost harsh fuchsia. No more Miss Nice Gal, from now on call me Iron Mistress. This is a pretty clear massage, and it’s hard to resist when it’s so tempting both making-that-statement and love-everything-shiny-magpie point of views.
Probably this is the exact same reason me renewed love for red as well, but I also have another good reason; red – tomato red, to be more specific – is my colour. It suits my warm complexion. Period.
Fuchsia? Not so much. Actually it’s the best for all the Winters (Liv Taylor), for Clear Spring (like Rose McGowan) and Dark Autumn (Victoria Beckham) women, but that’s it. I’m not in any of these categories, but this doesn’t prevent me to drool over my keyboard or purchasing something in this very hue. Further my face the better, and my love for statement shoes seems endless, so I opted for that very affordable (cheap, if you will) satin pumps by Zara, which is actually two birds one stone situation, cos satin is on trend too.
If you’re not already love with this trend, let me introduce you my favourite pictures in the topic:
Tips and tricks to wear it:
- If just want to dip your toe, try it with a smaller accessory or with a lots of neutrals. It is especially good with either black or white, maybe grey.
- If you’re more adventurous pair it with blue jeans or/and a cargo jacket. This is my favourite thing right now, I love how this colour suits every kind of khakis and denim, moreover it makes a double denim look extra cool.
- Purple or red is a great option too. Ok, with red it might be too much, and it’s better with girly powder pink anyway, but hence lilac is not so far, the two go super good together.
- And if you’re a daredevil, try a fuchsia suit. Wear it with white pumps, small black bag and you’re set.
- As I said above if you’re a Winter woman (typical Snow White or WOC), Clear Spring or Dark Autumn wear it near to your face, it will brighten it up big time.
What do you think about this trend?