After fashion experts have been repating the death of skinny jeans for a while (they’re not), and the retro/vintage/maximalism fever came out to play, it shouldn’t be surprise to anyone, that wide leg pants are having their Renaissance. On the runway, in the editorials and on the street as well. If you like this look, but have no idea how to style them, fear not, I’ve got you covered. These are my favorite street style photos at the moment, and I also collected my tips and tricks in the end of thes post. 🙂
Tips and tricks:
- If you want a more flattering look, you’re gonna need wide leg pants with a fitted high waist and hip/bum area. This is the best thing to balance out the otherwise wide legs.
- And if you have this perfect fit, show it; tuck your t-shirt/shirt/top in and if the tempareture starts to drop, opt for a longer, but fitted blazer or coat.
- Also if you’re petite like me, the best to opt for the jeans with vertical lines, like the ones from Re/Done for example or a pair of simple, maybe faded ones.
- High heels are handy too, no matter you have the cropped or long ones, your legs will look longer.
- Use a smaller, more ladylike bag. One big something is just enough.
- For the 70s look wear them with graphic tee, denim or leather jacket and high platform shoes.
PS: If I had the money, I’d buy those Re/Done ones (on very first picture) in a minute. Grr…