As denim is a big trend itself you can’t pick up an item from this material which is not super cool at the moment. We have jeans, denim jackets, shirts, overalls, shorts and skirts as well. I cannot say I love everything which is made of denim, for example I’ve had a shirt for years and I wore it once or twice but somehow I wanted to keep it because maybe some day I’ll be in love with it. But no. I think the reason is my love for jeans and my dislike for denim on denim looks. I like it on others but not on me. And that’s why I keep hesitating whether should I buy a denim jacket or not.
However, I like denim shorts and it seems skirts too. As you know I’m more of a pants kinda girl but some days you need something different and warmer weather is coming as well. So a leather or denim skirt seems a good solution for that.
But… I hate buying skirts. It’s way too difficult task for me, as I don’t have the proper(?) body for skirts as I have a rather small waist compared to my hip and well, my bum. So the skirt should sit high on my waist but it’s hard to find one which is not too short, not too long, not to tight on my hip/bum or/and its back part doesn’t stand out. Oh and by the way it should have the perfect color too.
So here you have it, that’s why you can see me most of the time in jeans or other pants. And that’s why I prefer shorts and skorts over skirts. But as stubborn as I am I haven’t given up just yet. I let you know if I got it. But until then here you have some inspirations which maybe bring you in the denim skirts mood too. 🙂
Tips and tricks:
- I’m not a girly girl and I can’t think more girly thing than a skirt (ok, maybe pink frilly skirt :)) so I like reduce girliness as much as I can. The best way to do that is pairing it with sneakers (and socks) or loose tops.
- You can add some toughness if you chose a bit longer, destroyed and frayed skirt which you can dress up with heels too.
- Add some chunky leather belt to that skirt. It draws eyes to your waist.
- If you like it to be longer, opt for one with a front slit which give you more freedom in movement and shows your legs longer without too much revealing.
- This season (or any other really) the best skirts are A shaped, have high waist and frayed hems.I think the best can come from vintage shops.
So what do you think do you like denim skirts too? Or are you team shorts?