Besides I love simple t-shirts, I’m big fan of simple shirts too. You couldn’t see too much of them on me though and that’s because my favorite way to wear them is the way you can see on these pictures. In spring or summer without any jacket, jumper or cardigan.
I’m really in (warm) spring mood anyway so I just want to wear t-shirts or shirts with jeans and slippers. And a summery bag like a bigger but light textile or a net bag or a woven basket or alternatively something small (but not ridiculously small :)).
My favorite shirts are the ones with standard collar, long sleeves (which I prefer folding back) and stripes. But there’s nothing wrong with a plain white or baby blue either. Also I really dig this extra long sleeve trend too, but except for the H&M ones (which I missed :'() I couldn’t find anything nice and affordable.
Tips and tricks:
There’re not so much tips for wearing a shirt really. You can style it whatever and however you want.
- But if you ask me the best way to style shirts this spring and summer is (tucked in) a pair of vintage jeans and some nice sandals or slippers.
- I also like to leave the bottom buttons open and tie the front parts so you’ll get a shorter and more fun style, however this works best with high-waisted anything.
- Or you can try this half tucked style, leaving again the bottom buttons open and tucking just the half part of the shirt into your bottoms or just tucking the front of your shirt in and leave the back outside. The only trick to get a nice style to pull the shirt a bit out so it’ll be more loose and you’ll get more freedom in movement.
- If you have to buy one, opt for something made of natural fibers like cotton, linen or silk. However, these can be creased and wrinkled quite ugly. So I always do a creasing test which means I try to crumple the material a bit in the store. If it gets bad I’ll leave it. But if you have a steamer I guess the problem is also solved. 🙂
- And if there’s still colder outside, bring out the joker card, aka a nice leather jacket. You cannot do wrong with a leather jacket in my book. 🙂
Easy-breezy super easy.